Thursday, February 9, 2012

Storage Tip #8 DITCH THE PACKAGING



If you are new you may want tostart here or check out my Clutter-Free Classroom Guide.

As I previously mentioned, mismatched containers cause visual clutter. Seeing all of those brightly colored boxes in varying sizes can be a distraction.


Also, They usually take up more space than they need to.


The above photo was taken at home by my 6 year old son. He had received these three games for Christmas. Each of these games fit easily into a plastic shoebox. We transferred them and got rid of the bulky packaging.

HAVE YOU CONDENSED ANYTHING TO SAVE SPACE?

Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

3 comments:

  1. What about board games with big gameboards? (like LIFE or Monopoly)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally do this with puzzles! Great minds think alike!

    Nicole
    Teaching With Style

    ReplyDelete
  3. The puzzle idea is also great when the children have totally ruined the box and you are left without a choice.

    ReplyDelete